|Home > Apply
> Paying your fees
Paying your fees
The fee we ask you to send with your application is called a scrutiny fee. This is a one off non-refundable payment of £495. We cannot process your application without this payment.
Your registration cycle is biennial (two-yearly) and is made up of two ‘professional years’. We will advise you of the registration fee when your application has been processed and approved. The table below shows the professional years for each profession we regulate.
- Arts therapists 1 June – 31 May
- Biomedical scientists 1 December – 30 November
- Chiropodists and podiatrists 1 August – 31 July
- Clinical scientists 1 October – 30 September
- Dietitians 1 July – 30 June
- Hearing aid dispensers 1 August – 31 July
- Occupational therapists 1 November – 31 October
- Operating department practitioners 1 December – 30 November
- Orthoptists 1 September – 31 August
- Paramedics 1 September – 31 August
- Physiotherapists 1 May – 30 April
- Practitioner psychologists 1 June – 31 May
- Prosthetists/orthotists 1 October – 30 September
- Radiographers 1 March – 28 February
- Social workers in England 1 December – 30 November
- Speech and language therapists 1 October – 30 September
Methods of payment
You can choose to pay your scrutiny fee by cheque, money order, bankers draft or by credit/debit card. Payments must be made in UK Sterling and drawn on a bank based in the United Kingdom (UK). Your payment should be crossed and made payable to ‘Health and Care Professions Council’. Please write your full name on the reverse side of your payment and ensure that it is not post-dated. You should allow at least five working days for your payment to reach us (ten if sending from outside the UK).
For security reasons, HCPC does not accept cash payments. If you try to make a payment in cash at the HCPC you will be directed to the nearest post office where you can obtain a postal order.