Health and Care Professions Council logo HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council
Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
+44 (0)300 500 6184

How should I record activities?

We do not ask for a set format for recording your CPD. You might choose to keep a binder or folder including documents such as certificates and notes that you have kept relating to your CPD, or you might keep this record electronically. You might follow a format provided by your professional body or by your employer. Please make sure that you can access your record – for example, in case you leave your employer.

This is your personal record. We will not ask to see a complete copy, but if you were audited, we would ask you to give us details of the activities you have completed over the previous two years and send us some supporting evidence. So keeping a good record will mean that you can do this easily.

See a list of the types of evidence you can keep.